Hello Everyone. Having gone thru the last 2 major Bear Markets (2000-02, and 2008-09) here are some thoughts for today and items at the end to make sure we are connected.
- First stay calm and don’t forget to breathe.
- This market drop was quicker in terms of time. To me it feels like the bottoms set in 2002 and 2009. We could have more to go, but something that should pass over the next 6-12 months as we get clarity on companies, people, etc.
- The market moves have been orderly.
- The market and society I feel has taken on parts of the last two crisis’. The media response feels much more like the bottom of the great recession of 2009. The social distancing, event closings, travel concerns, and stocking up reminds me of the days after 9-11 in 2001 when we essentially moved slower, cautious, and with a greater purpose. The more we act like 2001 the better.
- Here comes the cavalry…The Federal Reserve and Congress have begun and will continue to throw money into the system. We can debate its effectiveness, but it is part of the government’s crisis playbook. It has kicked in much faster than the last two times.
- My guess is March will be tagged as the 1st month of a recession. Do not fear this. The sooner the economy is tagged as a recession, the sooner we get out of it. This is where bottoms happen.
- We will get thru this!!
We are open and will continue to be open, even if the phones need to be forwarded to my home or cell eventually. For quicker updates and current thoughts, I’d recommend connecting with us in these places and remember these items:
- Newsletter Sign Up: Bottom left of my website, pmgwealth.com
- Follow on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/philguerrero and linkedin.com/in/george-maroudas
- Check out our new blog for frequent content: plantoriseabove.com
- Follow us on Facebook: facebook.com/pmgwealthmanagement
- You can always call in for an update at 847-550-6100. We are closely monitoring your accounts and for those who’ve done big picture planning with us, we are tracking those as well.
- If you do not receive our weekly newsletter via email, you’ve either opted out or we do not have your email address. Please call Terry to provide your email address or sign up for the newsletter.
Overall, I’d say we post mostly to Linkedin, the new plantoriseabove blog, and Facebook. Stay healthy! Thank you for your continued trust and confidence!
Phil Guerrero, CFP®
Founder & Wealth Advisor
PMG Wealth Management
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.